1. Go to https://kdp.amazon.com.
2. You already have an account so just click “Sign In” and enter in your username and password for your KDP account.
3. They may send you a text message with a secret sign on code before the next step. No worries, just enter the code they send and you’re on your way!
4. You’ve got your account, but you have to complete the rest of your account information. Click “Update Now” to do that.
5. Choose your country, then that will open up the Author/Publisher Information. Fill out all the blanks with useful information, then go to the fun stuff—Getting Paid!
6. If, while you’re filling it out, you want to stop and finish later, just click “Save” at the bottom. It’ll save your progress and you can sign in later to complete these requirements.
7. Choose the country for your bank, then you’ll see several boxes that when filled out correctly, will allow them to send your book royalties directly to your bank account.
8. Next, the fun part—Tax Information. Yes, they need to let Uncle Sam know how much moola you’re getting from being a published author, or a publishing company. Click “Complete Tax Information” to move to the next screen. This is important because they can’t pay you if this is not completed.
9. Look on the left side of the screen and you’ll find your very own, KDP Account ID! It should be long alphanumeric (letters and numbers!) identification number.
Cool—now you’re in the KDP world!